SPSP is dedicated to the development of outstanding graduate and undergraduate education in personality and social psychology. As part of this effort, the Society offers several student awards each year:
- The Heritage Dissertation Research Awards provide assistance with the costs of conducting dissertation research in personality and social psychology.
- The Outstanding Research Award highlights outstanding student research conducted by graduate student members.
- The Graduate Student Poster Awards recognize graduate poster presentations characterized by excellence in research, clarity in presentation, and personal knowledge in a discussion with the judges at the annual convention.
- The Undergraduate Student Poster Awards recognize undergraduate poster presentations characterized by excellence in research, clarity in presentation, and personal knowledge in a discussion with the judges at the annual convention.
- The Student Publication Prize recognizes excellence in student research published in PSPB, PSPR, or SPPS during the calendar year prior to nomination.
- The Jenessa Shapiro Graduate Research Award provides assistance to a graduate student from an underrepresented background.
- The Graduate Registration Award, Diversity Graduate Registration Award, and Diversity Undergraduate Registration Award offer support to student members attending its annual convention.
For additional information about each student award, please visit the individual awards pages.